After completing this activity, students will be able to:
- Determine volumes and concentrations in dilution calculations.
- Convert between different concentration units (e.g., ppm to M).
- Interpret a procedure for making a particular solution and assess the advantages of different dilution schemes.
- Choose the appropriate piece of glassware to ensure the desired level of precision of a particular solution.
- Compare the tolerance of various pieces of glassware.
Kate Mullaugh, College of Charleston (email@example.com)